Do you have a video tutorial?
Yes! you can find it here
How do I set a new Beep?
Make sure you do the following to schedule a new beep:
1. If the app is opened - press on the plus sign at the bottom left to create a new beep (if the app was closed it will start a new one once you open it)
2. An indication for a new beep will be that the blue button at the bottom will have the text 'Set'
3. Enter the text and a future time (if the time is not in the future you will only see an error message telling you to enter a date in the future), then press on the set button
4. The set button will now show 'Save' - any change to the time or text will override the previous beep if you press on the save button (this is the way to edit a beep and reschedule it)
5. For a new beep press on the plus button again..
6. Make sure the obvious - that the device is not in silent mode and volume is not low..
What do I have to do to make Beep Me work on iOS 5 and above?
Apple changed the default way applications can alert the user.
Sometimes, you'd have to make sure the following is configured well:
1. Open the device settings
2. Go to the notifications settings
3. Open the Beep Me settings
4. In there you can decide the following:
a. Show in the notification center (you can enable this)
b. Decide how many times to show it there (5 is good enough)
c. Select the alert style (set it as Alerts to get the same iOS 4 behavior or the new Banners option - which might be limited both in the text size and the action type)
d. Enable the badge app icon and sounds
e. Decide whether to show in lock screen or not
Can I set the beep by date and time instead of timer?
There is a button above the timer that allows you to change between timer and date/time picker.
Can I set the beep sound?
Yes. you can select in the settings panel one of the 35 sounds!!, vibrate or silent.
The Free version supports only 3 sounds, vibrate or silent.
Why can't I hear the Beep sound?
Sometimes apps are not downloaded correctly from the App Store.
Do you hear the sound in the settings but not on the time of the event? Or nothing at all? If nothing at all - that's a bad download..
Try to remove the app and download it again.
Note: If you already have some Beeps - make sure you use the bakcup option (DropBox or SugarSync) before you remove the app.
How can I share my Beeps?
Just open the Beeps list (right icon at the bottom), press on the edit button, select the beeps that you'd like to share and press on the Share button.
Then you will get an email view with attachment of the selected Beeps, so just send it away...
How to sync the Beeps between 2 devices?
When you set the backup/restore through Dropbox or SugarSync - you can select to backup on exit and import on start.
That way, as long as the app is opened on one device at a time - it will sync between the two.
Note that it can't do it automatically (without opening the app on the second device).
Just make sure to open the app when you take your second device to get all the latest Beeps.
How can I delete Beeps?
In order to delete one or more Beeps - do the following:
1. go to the list of future/today/old Beeps by pressing on the bottom-right button
2. swipe your finger on one of the rows to see the delete button, or
3. press on the edit button and select one or more Beeps, then press on the Delete button on the bottom.
How can I snooze Beeps?
There are 2 options for snoozing:
1. Manual - once the beep occurs, press on the reschedule button and set a new date/time
2. Automatic - in the settings, set the Reschedule Behavior to 15/30/60 minutes or 1 day. Once the beep occurs, you'll have a snooze button that will reschedule the beep automatically for you according to the predefined value.
How to use the Nagging option?
The nagging option allows you to get more than 1 reminder about your beep.
You can set the amount of nags that you'd like to get, and the interval between them.
Let's say you didn't hear the first beep, you'd get Beep Me nagging you about it until you open Beep Me again.
How to control the badge number on the icon?
There are 3 options to set for the badge behavior:
1. Future Beeps - once you set few beeps and close Beep Me - the icon will have a badge with the number of future planed Beeps.
2. Missed Beeps - if you'd like Beep Me to count the number of Beeps that you've missed because you weren't near your iDevice, this option is for you.
3. No Badge - if you'd like to have a clean icon with no numbers on it - use this option.
How I can modify a beep?
To modify a Beep, open the list of beeps (bottom right button) and find the beep that you'd like to edit.
Then just select (press) on it and you'll get back with the details of the selected beep.
You will also notice that the 'Set' button (bottom middle) is now changed to 'Save'
How to set a repeat for my Beeps?
In the right corner of the yellow text box there is a button that will open all the repeat options for you: Day, Week, Month, Year.
Just select one of them and save your Beep.
How many beeps can I place for one day?
There is no limit to the amount of beeps that you can set in the full version (the free version is limited to 5 concurrent beeps).
However - there is a limitation in the iOS that allows only 64 alarms to be active at once.
So, if you have set more than 64 (the nagging option multiplies the amount of beeps, the repeat option does not) - then just make sure you open beep me from time to time to allow it to set the next beeps in the OS..
If you need more information - contact us..
What is the phone icon for?
The phone icon will let you set a 'call reminder'.
Press on this icon, it will open your contacts list, and choose the contact and phone number.
Once the event occurs, Beep Me will show a pop up message, but this time with a 'Call' button - to directly call that contact.
How to "Copy a beep to the calendar to make it permanent"?
To create a calendar event from one of your beeps - do the following:
1. Open the list of beeps (bottom right button)
2. Press on the edit button (top right button)
3. Select ONE beep, and the calendar button at the bottom will light up
4. Press on the calendar button and fill the extra data..
What are the quick schedule buttons for?
On the main screen you'll see a line with few buttons: Now, +1mi, +1h, +1d, +1w, +1m
These buttons will help you set the time without scrolling the timer/date time pickers.
In the beeps list screen, you can also quickly update the time of the beep.
If you see a plus (+) sign, press on it to open the same line of buttons (with another button for updating the repeat option).
If you see the blue > sign, press on the beep message, and the line will appear.
You can control the mode of work from the settings (Enable the quick delay options)
Can I sync my calendar to Beep so it notifies me when there is something on my calendar?
Yes. In the app settings, go to the Calendar section and select the calendars that you'd like to import from.
Then, set the days ahead to import (1,2,3,5,7,14 days) and press on the Import now row.
If you want, you can turn on the Auto import events, so that every time that you open Beep Me - it will import events from the selected calendars.
I can't see any calendars listed on the settings - so I can't use the 'Import from Calendars' option
On iOS 6 and above, Beep Me needs your approval to access the calendars.
It might have asked you to allow that and you missed/dismissed that without knowing it will cause that.
To give the app access again, open the device settings, go to privacy, calendars and allow Beep Me to access them.
What are the different options in the Settings?
1. Start with keyboard - when the app is opened, the keyboard will also appear.
2. Wallpaper - select one of the provided wallpapers or use your own picture.
3. Beep Sound - set the sound of the notifications (35 sounds for the paid version, 5 for the free version) - one sound for all of them.
4. Minutes Interval - allows you to set the time picker minutes granularity.
5. Quick delay options - when turned on, pressing on a beep in the list will open another row with delay buttons to quickly change the scheduled time for the reminder.
6. Show task marker - shows a check box for each beep to allow marking it as done. once it is marked as done, the alert will not pop up.
7. Ask before action - If you enable the snooze or use a call reminder, Beep Me will ask for approval before it really snooze or calls.
Backup & Restore
These options are good if you upgrade from the free version to the paid one and wants to import your beeps, or if you just want to backup your list once in a while.
1. Use SugarSync or Dropbox clouds to backup the list of reminders, and restore it later on the same device or on a different one to bring in the new beeps
2. Send the list by mail and import it by tapping the attachment on another device.
These options will affect the app icon.
1. Future Beeps - will show the coming number of reminders that are set in Beep Me
2. Missed Beeps - will show the number of reminders that occurred since you last opened Beep Me
3. No Badge - as it sounds..
Import from calendars - specify the list of calendars you'd like Beep Me to import events from
Days to import - specify how many days ahead to import
Auto import events - Enable to make Beep Me import from the calendars every time you open the app
Manual - will show you the message on the event time and a 'Reschedule' button that will open Beep Me with the relevant reminder so you'll be able to reschedule it.
Snooze - once you select one of the snooze options (10,15,20,30,60 minutes or 1 day) - you'll see a 'Snooze' button that will update the time for you with that selected amount of time.
Number of nags - (0 to 8 nagging options in the paid version, 0 to 2 nagging options in the free version) - will set the amount of times you would like to be nagged about the same reminder.
Interval between nags - will set the time it takes between each nag.
Pre alarm - will notify you few minutes before the time of the original reminder
How do I open a BeepMeShare file that I received by mail?
If you have Beep Me installed on your device, you will see that the attachment has the icon of Beep Me with it.
Press on the attachment until a menu will pop up asking you what to do.
In it you will have the option to open it with Beep Me..
(This is a normal behavior of iOS and attachments)
Can I get a print of these FAQ?
You can use any web browser to get to this page.
Email this page address
Why do I need iOS 4 and above in order to use Beep Me?
Beep Me uses a feature that is only supported in iOS 4 and above - the Local Notifications.
With it you don't have to be online in order to get push messages, it is all local..
At the moment, these are the most frequent asked questions. If you have another question/problem please send us an email, or use the contact form